Friday, June 22, 2012

No Going Back

Watching the woman I love walk through the airport checkpoint was possibly one of the hardest things I think I've ever had to endure. 16 days apart from my best friend and soulmate... The longest we've been apart since we began this wonderful journey together. It seems somewhat hypocritical of me, considering only two months ago I took a trip myself to Chicago, but at that moment, seeing her turn around and look at me with those sad eyes, I wanted nothing more then for her not to leave. That's when I knew, beyond any possible shed of doubt that I loved this woman with all that I am, and there was no turning back.

And then I felt a sense of unbridled joy. Sure, I will miss my baby terribly while she is away, and sure I feel sad and lonely at times, but I am not worried. I do not feel like I has suffered loss, but rather I am anxious to see her return. I know she is coming back and despite the time or distance apart I know she is never that far away because I love her. And she loves me. The purest form of love that you only see in the movies. But there it is, and I know she'll be coming back to me with a heartfelt embrace and a gorgeous smile. :)

I love you Shannon, with all my heart and soul. I'll hold down the fort while you are away and axiously anticipate your safe return <3

Love always
Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment