Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Thoughts From The Air

Its now just after take off, and at 10,000 feet, electronics are allowed again. Soaring just above the cloud line is so peaceful...I wish you could see it as I do. A mere picture doesn't do this wonder of creation justice. I venture a guess that the Wright brothers would weep with envy at we have accomplished, and so easily. Maybe I should remember what a feat and honor it is to be among the small percentage of humanity to climb to the heights of gods, to see what was once thought to be beyond our reach? Its like a living work of art up here, like nature's whimsical dance being performed for God, and we're being treated to front row seats. The sun is receding behind us, as we head south, and with it, Tue heart I have left with you. I shall miss every second with you, but endeavor to recount each one in detail for you, my love, my best friend, in the hopes that it will bring a smile to your handsome face. I'm about to dive into the treasure we found at Title Wave, so for now, sleep well. Ill hear your voice as soon as we land!
Love always,
Shannon
PS, I miss you!



1 comment:

  1. Even though I know you are coming back, letting you walk away at that checkpoint was one of the hardest things I have ever done. I am overjoyed the trip was a safe one. These next two weeks will prove trying I'm sure, but I will endure. I will endure because I know you will come home to me. You are my everything, my love. I count the days till I can hold you in my arms once more.
    I love you Shannon.

    Matt

    ReplyDelete